ASMPT AEi, Inc. is the market leader of automated sensor assembly and test equipment for the automotive market. For the past 10 years AEi’s equipment has produced active aligned cameras and sensors, supporting the largest automotive companies in the world. Our systems have enabled major automotive groups to bring Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) to their global markets. AEi’s industry leadership is built on a symbiotic combination of optical alignment algorithms, and sequential processing all within a compact design. Bringing these compelling elements together ensures our products deliver the best ﬁnancial returns in the industry. Headquartered in Massachusetts, our customers are supported by a global network of direct service, application, and support professionals.
Due to high growth, we are looking for Applications Process Engineer that will build the connection between customer product requirements, alignment system capabilities, and efficient production processes for the active alignment industry, primarily serving the automotive industry for safety and quality.
- Develop and refine precision manufacturing processes on customized automation machinery developed by ASMPT AEi for active alignment of precision cameras.
- Install, train, and provide service on active alignment systems and their processes.
- Create prototype product builds, including process data collection and evaluation against detailed customer requirements.
- Provide project leadership for new machine start-up, debug and validation including Final Acceptance Test of systems with customers.
- Collaborate with customers to define specifications and requirements for active alignment, develop application processes and resolve technical and design issues during machine acceptance.
- Interact with mechanical, electrical, optical, and software engineers, manufacturing and service technicians to ensure goals for schedule, functionality and budget are met.
- Read/Work from schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings, and technical orders (ECO’s)
- Work with hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment
- Preparation of all required support documentation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or related field.
- PMP Certification Preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Self-starter able to both work in cross functional teams and work/manage projects autonomously.
- 2-3 years manufacturing of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical assemblies preferred.
- Familiarity with optics and optical test is a plus.
- 3-5+ years of project management experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple job levels to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience managing a project team of 3 or more people with a preference of managing across multiple locations.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Consistent success in driving teams to meet aggressive deadlines.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ASMPT, AEi maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Automation Machinery Manufacturing
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Employment Type
- Job Functions