The Manufacturing Engineer has the responsibility to provide both technical and management responsibilities within engineering projects including those that are part of larger programs and standalone efforts. The incumbent will lead, coordinate, and contribute across all departments to ensure the successful completion of projects. Primary responsibilities include maintaining project schedules, determining project scope, providing supporting documentation of the manufacturing process, deployment of tools and fixtures, and general hands-on support. The final output will include supporting the delivery of the supplier base, the internal (factory) footprint and corresponding processes, the product flow, and aftermarket service flow including reverse logistics and service parts.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Translating engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
- Participate in process improvement initiatives. Including Tool and fixture development to drive ergonomics and reduction in cost and/or defects
- Design high performance and quality solutions that meet customer requirements
- Develop and execute program to reduce manufacturing costs and scrap rate
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including standard operating procedures, work instructions and training materials
- Plan project requirements and specifications; prepare and present project status reports
- Dispositioning of discrepant hardware
- System failure analysis to identify root causes and devise engineering solutions
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and propose new solutions
- Evaluate costs/benefit to support product goals and proposals
- Capable of operating machine shop equipment such as CNC, lathe, etc.
- This position will require interaction across disciplines, technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and / or suppliers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experienced user of CAD tools, SOLIDWORKS experience preferred
- Familiarity with material properties, fabrication methods and functional constraints
- Project management skills including ability to work with outside vendors and working cross functionally with other engineering disciplines
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and emphasis on excellence in innovation
- Ability and willingness to travel
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents, or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday in the office, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position occasionally requires weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 0-10%