ASMPT AEi, Inc. is the market leader of automated sensor assembly and test equipment for the automotive market. For the past 10 years AEi’s equipment has produced active aligned cameras and sensors, supporting the largest automotive companies in the world. Our systems have enabled major automotive groups to bring Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) to their global markets. AEi’s industry leadership is built on a symbiotic combination of optical alignment algorithms, and sequential processing all within a compact design. Bringing these compelling elements together ensures our products deliver the best ﬁnancial returns in the industry. Headquartered in Massachusetts, our customers are supported by a global network of direct service, application, and support professionals.
The Mechanical Design Engineer works on various design projects ranging from complex electromechanical sub systems to precise fixturing that must satisfy various specifications from several disciplines (mechanical, electrical, optical, system, application, software, manufacturing, etc.) while collaborating with other design groups to ensure an overall quality solution for our customers.
- Design of precision fixtures and tooling for customer applications
- Development of electromechanical subsystems in Solidworks; including specification, design, prototyping, validation, and release of detailed mechanical drawings
- Lead and participate in design review and contribute to continuous improvement by developing new work processes and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation including bill of materials, operating manuals, assembly instructions and test processes.
- Support manufacturing and field teams with troubleshooting, debug and sustaining engineering of existing products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2-3+ years of Solidworks design experience
- Experience using ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards.
- Experience releasing documentation packages (drawings and BOMs) via an ECO/ECN process.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Electromechanical device development and manufacturing is a plus.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ASMPT, AEi maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply Now: email@example.com