ASMPT AEi is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to be part of a small group of EEs designing capital equipment used to assemble automotive cameras. This equipment is used by tier 1 automotive suppliers to actively align and affix lenses to cameras on camera production lines typically processing a camera every 10 seconds 24 hours a day.
These systems contain high speed SERDES digital video interfaces (MIPI, GSML, FPD-Link, & CoaXPress) with speed above 6 Gb/s and sometimes with power-over-coax interfaces, brushless DC servo motors, stepper motors, motor controllers, FPGAs, USB, I2C, & SPI interfaces, microprocessors, power supply circuits, analog signal processing and control circuits, optical systems & lasers.
Development work is done with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Applications, Operations to develop solutions from concept to complete production, including analysis, verification, validation, and production test methods.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering, and a minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience
Qualifications and Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a broad electronics interest, capabilities, and understanding spanning both analog and digital electronics
- A hands-on engineer comfortable in an EE lab testing and debugging designs, and collecting and analyzing data
- Experience with schematic capture and laying out of small PCB, we use Altium for schematic capture and PCB layout, outside houses are used for laying out large PCBs
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers, staff, and suppliers
- Technical writing skills
- Demonstrated initiative, responsibility, and accountability for successful execution of multiple tasks through all project stages and a desire to lead projects
- Experience writing software is a plus, we use C# and Python
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents, or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday in the office, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor. This position occasionally requires weekend work.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 0-10%